Classes will begin at 8:15, Monday – Friday. Half-day children are dismissed at 11:30 a.m. and full-day children are dismissed at 2:30 p.m. Please park in the Parish Center parking lot and enter through the Blue Door/Early Childhood Center entrance (adjacent to the Parish Center). All pre-school students must be walked into school by a parent or guardian. Please assist your little ones with unpacking backpacks, choosing their lunch options and escorting them to their classrooms to begin their day. The Early Childhood Center door will remain open until 8:30 a.m. If you arrive after that time, please enter through the Library/Main Office entrance to sign in. All pre-school children will be escorted to their classrooms by an SJS staff member.
AM Drop-Off Procedures
NO CARS ARE ALLOWED IN THE BACK PARKING LOT AT ANY TIME IN THE MORNING BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 8:00 AND 9:00. CARS IN THE PARKING LOT PRESENT A SIGNIFICANT DANGER TO OUR CHILDREN.
**NOTE: WE NEED TO KEEP THE BACKLOT CLEAR FOR EMERGENCY VEHICLES. IF YOU NEED TO ENTER THE SCHOOL AFTER 9:00 (FOR MEETINGS, LUNCH, FIELD TRIPS, ETC.), PLEASE BE SURE TO PARK ALONG THE FENCE OR ON THE SIDE OF THE PARKING LOT OPPOSITE SCHOOL STREET. PARKING IS ALSO AVAILABLE ON THE STREET OR IN FRONT OF THE PARISH CENTER.
*There are “No Parking” signs on the “school” side of School Street. Please be aware you may be ticketed by Peabody Police. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE. All buses use the upper parking lot unless directed differently.
All students should arrive by 8:10 at the first bell. Morning Prayer at the second bell begins our day at 8:20. Students are considered tardy if they arrive after 8:20 when prayer has begun. All children are expected to meet their class in the front yard or in the gym daily unless they are late. Only if they are late should they be entering the library. Parents cannot enter the back parking lot between 8-9 A.M, but parents may watch their children proceed to the library door or walk them through the back parking lot and escort them up to the library door.
You may drop your students off on Franklin Street or School Street. It is suggested that parents let children out of the car on the passenger side so they can proceed directly into the play area or parking lot. Be aware of other children and pedestrians. Do not park on these streets to allow for the free flow of traffic. If you need to park your car for any reason, use the parking lot on St John’s Avenue. This includes Pre-School, Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten parents who wish to walk their children into the play yard. You may also drop off students in the driveway between the Church and the Rectory. Access this driveway by entering the road between rear City Hall and the credit union. Take a left in front of the Church. Take a right into the driveway between the Church and Rectory and drop off students, through the passenger side only, to the play yard. Exit will be between the Rectory and the Parish Center. Please follow the following procedures.
- Students may only exit through the passenger doors. They must proceed directly behind the cones to the play yard.
- Parents may not exit cars for any reason.
- Children must be ready to exit the vehicle immediately. Backpacks and lunchboxes etc. should be readily available.
- Wait for the car ahead of you to proceed before moving forward. There is absolutely no passing allowed in this area. Cars may never exceed 5 MPH in the schoolyard area.
- You may not park anywhere in this driveway area. This area is reserved for Parish Staff only.
- Pull up as far as possible and let the children exit the vehicle and proceed directly to the expanded walk area behind the cones.
If you arrive after the 8:15 bell, please drop children OUTSIDE the yard on School Street, and direct them to walk near the building as they approach the Library door. Students arriving to school after Morning Prayer should sign in at the office and proceed to class.
Pre-Kindergarten Students: School begins at 8:20 and ends at 11:30 for children who are not in the full-day program. Please park in the Parish Center parking lot to drop off your child each morning. Parking is not allowed in the schoolyard or the library parking lot in the morning. Each pre-school student must be walked into school each morning. We expect you will help your little one unpack for the day and bring him or her to the classroom teacher. If you arrive after 8:30, the door will be closed and you will need to bring your child to the Library entrance to sign in and be escorted down to the classroom.
Inclement Weather Drop-Off Procedures
Beginning December 5th we will use the winter drop off procedure at the foyer doors. Please never drop children off in the back parking lot. It is unsafe for children. During inclement weather, the following procedure may be followed. The front parking lot should never be entered via School Street.
In order to ensure the safety of our children, we will be making the following changes to our valet drop off procedure. This includes both inclement weather days and cold weather valet drop off that begins in December. There are three major changes to the original procedure. Please read all the changes carefully and inform all drivers who may bring your children to school.
- There is absolutely no parking in the front lot at any time. There are no exceptions to this rule. All families K-8 will be part of the valet drop off.
- Preschool parents must use the Preschool door for morning arrival at 8:15.
- The flow of traffic will:
- Enter the front parking lot via Church Street. The Church will be on your right and the Rectory will be on your left.
- Loop around the parking lot keeping the cones to the left of your vehicle.
- Please pull your car up as far as possible before stopping. We are attempting to get 10-12 cars to the sidewalk before the students move out of the cars.
- Students should exit immediately through the passenger side of the car for safety reasons and go directly to the sidewalk and into the building.
- Children should be ready when the cars pull up. Backpacks, lunchboxes, etc. need to be available to them.
- Parents should remain in their vehicles. Due to security reasons, the ONLY door parents can use to enter the school is the Library Door. Please do not go into the gym with your students in the morning. There is staff to supervise the students beginning at 7:55, (7:50 for valet drop-off/inclement weather). If you arrive at school before 7:55, please have your students remain in your car until that time. Please do not pass any vehicle. Wait for the first vehicle to move and follow the line out of the parking lot. The exit pattern is between the Rectory and the Parish Center.
- Drop off times are 7:50 to 8:10 am. The first bell will be at 8:10. Prayer begins at 8:20 and all students should be in class.
- If for any reason your child arrives after 8:20 am they should enter through the library and sign in. After signing in, students will walk to their classrooms. Parents will be unable to accompany children to the classroom.
- No cars are allowed in the rear parking lot between 8:00 and 9:00. Children are not to be dropped off or picked up in the rear parking lot. It is not a safe place to drop off children. Buses only are allowed in the rear parking area. Parents doing lunch duty are allowed to park in the rear parking lot against the fence during lunchtime only.
PM Pick-Up Procedures
There is room for 92 vehicles in the lower parking lot. Please be aware of all the children around you before moving your vehicle. It is not safe for children to walk unsupervised across the street to get into a car. Please pull into the parking lot so that you are not backing up. PLEASE DO NOT INSTRUCT YOUR CHILDREN TO LEAVE THE YARD TO MEET YOU. No cars are allowed to pull into the back parking lot between 2:15 pm and 3:15 pm to allow for buses to park and safe dismissal of bus students.
Preschool Program Half Day: At 11:30 parents should park in the schoolyard in front of the school. Please enter the schoolyard via Chestnut Street to St. John’s Avenue (located between the rectory and the Parish Center). Park in the center of the schoolyard and the children will be dismissed through the glass doors in the lobby.
Preschool Program Full Day: Dismissal is at 2:30. Preschool students in PK3 and PK4 dismiss from the Blue Preschool Door. Parents should always park in the parking lot adjacent to the Parish Center and walk to their designated entrance.
Grade Kindergarten: Dismissal is at 2:40 at the designated location listed below:
Visit Our School
Schedule a Tour
19 Chestnut Street
Peabody, MA 01960